Tourists are flocking to Iceland, and there is no rocket science involved in it to understand why. It has towering glaciers, stunning scenery, verdant green meadows, black sand beaches, charming wooden churches, dancing Northern Lights, and turquoise blue hot springs. Iceland is a heavenly, beautiful place with breathtaking beauty, and in this realm of giants, trolls, and tales, couples find themself immersed in fantasy and myth.
All these and many more fascinating assets of Iceland make it a fantastic destination for couples who want to marry or elope!
This area is ideal for a marriage proposal or a honeymoon, as well. Many couples decide to get married in Iceland and then spend their honeymoon travelling the country. Following are a few reasons why choosing the option of Iceland elopement would not disappoint you:
Why Elope in Iceland?
Iceland elopement is the perfect decision, and here are few primary reasons for it that observed at a glance:
- The best reason is that you can get married almost anywhere from the top of glaciers, in caves or on the beach amid Iceland’s beautiful scenery.
- The Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis can be seen best in Iceland. This phenomenon may be seen at its brightest from here, and the more away from towns and light pollution you are, the brighter they’ll look in the sky.
- A large majority of Icelanders are pleasant and fluent in English.
- Reykjavik, the world’s northernmost city, is one of the cleanest, greenest, and safest cities. Vibrant arts and cultural communities may be found here.
- It is full of adventure locations, and you can enjoy a wide range of activities here.
- When it comes to food, Icelandic cuisine is known as one of the scrumptious seafood that will make you lick your fingers.
Practical reasons to have an Iceland elopement:
Here are a few more, less romantic, but more realistic reasons to have Iceland elopement:
· It is easy to get to Iceland:
Getting to Iceland for elopement is a convenient option, and couples find travelling in Iceland super straightforward. Despite its remoteness, Iceland has a Scandinavian simplicity and modernity that simply works. Everything is easy to understand in Iceland, from dealing with vehicle rental businesses to understanding traffic signs.
· No complicated legal formalities:
The paperwork for a legal wedding must be submitted five working days before your wedding. If you don’t have a wedding planner, you’ll need to arrive in Iceland at least five working days before your wedding. If you have a wedding coordinator, you may arrive in Iceland 1-2 days before your wedding, as they can take care of all of this. You can easily register your marriage here officially.
· It’s not so expensive to have an elopement in Iceland:
It’s essential to keep in mind your entire elopement budget while planning your Iceland elopement package. The typical cost varies widely because it all relies on the providers you choose for your wedding day. There is no requirement to include every sort of vendor in your bundle. Including photography and filming, Iceland elopements may cost anywhere from $7,000 to over $20,000